KION Group Brands Dematic and Linde Material Handling to Highlight Floor to Store Solutions at Modex 2022
Smart Solutions Emphasizing Operational Flexibility and Scalability for Today’s Changing Demands
ATLANTA – March 09, 2022 — As leaders in material handling solutions and intelligent automation, Dematic and Linde Material Handling will present floor-to-store material handling solutions through exhibits (booths B7819 and B8219) and speaking engagements at MODEX, March 28–31, 2022, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta.
“Throughout the pandemic, Dematic has continued to support our customers through their most difficult business challenges, offering a suite of supply chain solutions to help them navigate the ever-changing requirements of today’s production and distribution operations,” said Dematic Americas Executive Vice President Mike Larsson. “As a result of our customer focus and a dedication to innovative problem solving, we’ve seen tremendous growth and are looking forward to more exciting things to come for Dematic and our customers this year.”
As members of KION Group, Dematic and Linde Material Handling have a unique ability to provide customers with customized operations based on short and long-term needs. From manual equipment to hybrid-automation and fully automated solutions, Dematic and Linde Material Handling have a proven track record of exceeding customer needs and expectations when it comes to material flow.
Dematic and Linde Material Handling invite MODEX attendees to experience interactive zones tailored to grocery, apparel, food and beverage, and general merchandising industries, featuring operator assistance systems, lifecycle support services, scalable forklift automation, the Linde Hydrostatic drive truck, and the Linde Reach Truck. Within both booths, touchscreen monitors will display an array of solutions, including:
• Dematic Smart Task Activation is order fulfillment management software that increases operational effectiveness by synchronizing workflows in real time. It uses a dynamic strategy based on a revolving queue of orders. Smart Task Activation “pulls” work to resources and processes orders on-demand, continuously and dynamically. The processing plan is not pre-defined and rigid, but rather determined based on current conditions to support operational flexibility.
• Linde Guardian is an operator assistance system using full-service awareness technology to monitor internal traffic. The system can see around corners and be programmed to safeguard against hazardous scenarios involving trucks, infrastructure, and people.
• Dematic Micro-Fulfillment moves e-commerce fulfillment closer to the customer base for the shortest possible pickup and delivery times. It’s designed as an urban distribution system that automates the fulfillment of e-commerce orders for same day “click & collect” and delivery. The system has a compact footprint, which can be installed in the back room of a retail store or in an urban distribution center.
• Dematic Mixed Case Fulfillment delivers efficiency in the entire distribution center to retail and grocery replenishment supply chain. The solution is fully automated and creates mixed case pallets and loads following specific business rules such as: by retail store aisles, family group, heavy items on bottom, and by layers for route delivery sequence generating savings in the distribution center, transportation, and store operations cost centers.
• Dematic Depalletizer/Palletizer is a robotics system that provides dual functionality by operating as both a palletizer and depalletizer. The system can, for example, depalletize inbound inventory on a first shift and palletize outbound orders on a second shift.
• Linde Scalable Forklift Automation is a mobile automation solution for low-level order picking using automated guided forklifts for horizontal and vertical transport. These forklift solutions are highly scalable and can be adapted to the specific requirements of each operation.
• Dematic Mobile Automation is a family of systems for automated load transport within a facility. Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs) and Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs) offer maximum operational flexibility in load movement requirements as well as scalability for growth.
• Linde Series 1252 Electric Counterbalance Truck is an electric-motor truck that combines the robust operation of trucks with internal combustion motors with the benefits of traditional electric trucks.
• Linde Series 5215 Reach Truck is an exceptionally versatile truck with a superior ergonomic design that keeps operators confident and productive.
“As members of the KION Group, Linde Material Handling and Dematic are in a unique position to offer customers the very best in intralogistics solutions," said Jonathan Dawley, President of KION North America. “With the integrated offerings of Dematic and Linde Material Handling in one harmonized platform, customers can now address nearly every application in a one-stop-shop. Additionally, having the ability to approach the market in a synchronized manner reduces complexity, enables more focus on decreasing lead times to set up or expand facilities, respond to needs for automation, improve safety and enhance productivity.”
Visit Dematic and Linde Material Handling at MODEX 2022, booths B7819 and B8219, March 28–31 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. Get insights on the latest in order fulfillment strategy in the following sessions:
• Order Fulfillment Systems for Same Day Pick-Up
• Delivery Discrete vs Batch Picking: What is Most Appropriate for your Operation?
• AGVs and AMRs: Sexy Technology with a Solid Business Case
For more information about Dematic, visit dematic.com, check out the Dematic Connections blog, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
For more information about Linde Material Handling, visit the Linde Material Handling blog, visit the website, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook. Instagram, and Twitter.
Dematic designs, builds, and supports intelligent automated solutions empowering and sustaining the future of commerce for its customers in manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution. With research and development engineering centers, manufacturing facilities, and service centers located in more than 35 countries, the Dematic global network of over 11,000 employees has helped achieve approximately 8,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world’s leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the world’s leading suppliers of industrial trucks and supply chain solutions.
About KION North America Corporation
Headquartered in Summerville, S.C., KION North America Corporation is a member of the KION Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial trucks. Their brand companies, Linde Material Handling and Baoli, serve the specific industrial truck requirements of the US, Canadian and Mexican markets with a broad and complementary product portfolio. KION North America produces material handling equipment known for its innovative technologies, reduced energy consumption, and low operating costs. KION North America also works closely with its sister company, Dematic, a global leader in automated material handling that provides a broad range of intelligent supply chain and automation solutions.
VP, Marketing Communications
This release and the information contained herein are for information purposes only and do not constitute a prospectus or an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any securities in the United States or in any other jurisdiction. This release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to various risks and uncertainties. Future results could differ materially from those described in these forward-looking statements due to certain factors, for example, changes in business, economic, and competitive conditions (including with respect to further developments in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic), regulatory reforms, results of technical studies, foreign exchange rate fluctuations, uncertainties in litigation or investigative proceedings, and the availability of financing. We do not undertake any responsibility to update the forward-looking statements in this release.
View as PDF [pdf 0.2 MB]